IDontEvenMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nutella's GM Application

Go down

Nutella's GM Application Empty Nutella's GM Application

Post  Nutella Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:52 pm

IGN (in-game name): Nutella
Name (you don't need to include your last name): Vicente but people call me Vincent, Vince, Vinny... I've heard it all.
Country and Timezone: U.S & Eastern Timezone
----------------------------------------------------------

Provide brief background information about yourself: Let's see, I am currently a Junior in high school but seeing as the year is almost over, I suppose that I could be considered a Senior. I hate regular classes for the simple fact that teachers feel the need to assign massive loads of busy work; therefore I try to take as many APs as my schedule will allow for. I love science. I love math. I want to learn more about computer science. I guess I'm just a nerd haha but I spend most of my time doing homework or on maple. I am in some extracurriculars but so is everyone else. That's about it for now.

Literacy is extremely important. How good would you say your English is?: I would say that my English is excellent. I just moved to NYC and my first "test" was the English Regents which I scored a one-hundred on... The test was pretty simple so I don't necessarily have "bragging rights" but it is still an accomplishment.

How long have you been playing IDEMS? How well do you think you know the server?: By the time this is read, I'd say about a week. I know the server pretty well though because nobody was on while I was training so I sort of had to teach myself about everything. It's a nice server, but we need more players! Smile

How often can you be available in-game?: Seeing as summer is starting, my availability will be virtually 100%. I'm going to Europe over the summer but I'll have internet because I'll be with family. Availability won't be a problem during the school year either because I spend most of my time on my computer and I am even allowed by the principal to use it during classes whenever I feel the need.

How much staff experience have you had? Explain what your duties were, and how you managed your job (provide screen shots if available): I was a Head GM for FruitMS as well as a part-time coder. Although I could code, I was never the go-to-guy because I spent most of my time holding events or in hide looking for hackers. I'd prefer to do those two things about but I'll do whatever is needed. I also had the same roles in LooneyToonMS but I was not a Head GM. I suppose I could be a Forum Moderator as well... I have experience with websites. I am currently in charge of my school's Robotics Team website.

What kinds of benefits can you offer the server? Elaborate: I'm pretty certain that the last one sort of covered the several roles I've taken part in... I can offer my fairness as well as the ability to maintain respect for other GMs. Some servers have GMs who are completely disrespected by their players which shouldn't happen because it causes mayhem throughout the server.

Would you call yourself "mature?" Define "mature" in your own words and explain why you think you are/aren't mature:
I suppose I would consider myself as mature. To be mature you must be able to handle yourself under pressure sufficiently. If you don't like to listen to others opinions and become irate quickly then you are most likely not mature. But that's just my opinion.

If chosen, what will you do as a staff member?: I will do whatever I am told to do haha. I can do several things so it's not really a problem to me... but as I had stated previously, I love to host events (especially JQs <3) and search for hackers. Those are truly my fortes.

How confident do you feel about getting the position?: I'm not very confident. In today's world you quickly realize that there is always someone who is better and more qualified than yourself.

Why should we select you above other candidates? Explain: I'm cooooool. Uh, but I'm nearly trilingual and I love this server! An adequate answer may seem a tad redundant at this point because I've told you about everything I have to offer.

Will you follow all of the staff rules? How?: ¡Por supuesto! Several years of GM experience has helped me to realize that I absolutely hate those who break rules. It just isn't fair that others should follow the rules while you're hacking or duping. Besides, it isn't as fulfilling to obtain great items or several rebirths without having to work for them. If you want those that badly, make your own server and your needs will easily be satisfied.

How will you deal with hackers, dupers and/or other offenders?: My answer for this varies from server to server. Some owners are quite lenient and want the players to be jailed at first while some say that you should immediately ban said player. I think that the punishment depends on the offense though. I mean, if someone has an IGN of "ofhekgoias" and they're duping you pretty much know that they have no intentions of creating a real identity on the server. However, if a player is fly hacking or something of that sort it may just be a stupid mistake on their part. Of course, they should still be punished but I don't think that it should be as severe.

Being a part of the staff comes with responsibility. How will you react if you are demoted due to abuse of powers, inactivity, and/or ignorance?: I love this question. This question has probably yielded several lies but it truly is the most important one of them all. If I were to be demoted for any reason, I would completely step down from my position. I would still continue to play the server but there would be no reason for me to keep such an authoritative position when I can't do it right. I'm applying to this position because I believe that I have what it takes to make this server great. Nothing less. Much more.

How do you cope with your emotions when you are feeling sad, angry, or upset?: I've never been one to get these feelings during a game. I play on my school's Varsity soccer team so I know defeat and the feelings it can bring about. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. There is no need to get mad at others for my mistake.

Are you respectful towards others, as well as mindful of them? How so?: I'd like to think that I am. Although it should be , "If I'm given respect, I'll respect someone back" that is not the case in private servers. You'll always deal with irate players who are completely belligerent but regardless, you have to be the bigger man (or woman) and "kill them with kindness".

Will you be willing to risk your character's life in the Hunger Games Event for this position? (Please answer seriously)
(This is a serious event coming to the server):
I just bought a Kindle Touch so I haven't gotten the chance to read the Hunger Games! BUT, if it's for the greater good (of the server) then yes, I would be willing to risk my character's life. Even if that means dying on Hardcore mode...

Other (optional): I am really out of things to say now haha, I'm sorry. Oh, I can type 111 WPM... if that holds any value. But I am thankful that you've taken the time to read this because I have truly written a nice little research paper. I'm sorry about the length and I look forward to continuing my "adventure" with IDE!

Nutella

Back to top Go down